Book Review- Before I go to Sleep

Before I Go to Sleep - S.J.  Watson

This book had me hooked from the first page. Before I go to Sleep is a psychological thriller that tells the story of Christine, a woman who can't remember things for more than 24 hours. The premise is intriguing but what truly makes the book great is the author's delivery of the story. The plot flows smoothly and the pacing is excellent.  I've heard a lot about this book (it even got made into a movie) and have wanted to read it for some time. I went to the bookstore yesterday and found this one. I grabbed a copy of it along with many other books that I will soon be reviewing. I finished reading this book in one day.

I started reading the book, thinking I'll skim through it but the words sucked me in. Before I go to sleep is fast-paced, well-written and satisfying. This is one of the best books I've read this year. The author's writing style is easy to understand and his description is impactful. He describes the protagonist's feelings and life very accurately and I was quite surprised to know that the author isn't a woman.

Overall, this is a great book. I would recommend it to everyone especially fans of psychological thrillers.