SPOILER ALERT!

Book Review: Choose Yourself

Choose Yourself - James Altucher

I finished reading this book two days ago and enjoyed it. I have been on the lookout for some good self-help/ motivational books with a business undertone. This book made it to many 'best business books' lists so, I decided to give it a shot.

The first thing I'd like to bring up is the author's sense of humor. The book is easy to read because of the funny (slightly sarcastic) tone that the author uses. There were also many references to eating healthier, carbs and exercise. The daily practice that the book works towards was good advice. I especially liked the part about using the 'idea muscle' by making top 10 lists. In fact, I've been making those top ten lists every day. The book offers many practical suggestions on how to incorporate ideas into your daily life. The author also has a strong sense on self-employment and is critical about jobs. He makes many good observations on the changing nature of employment and industry. I mostly agreed with this part.

The author also mentions many examples to prove his point. This is inspiring and helps the reader understand more about the issue. Some parts of the book sounded negative and regretful which is why I slashed that one star. However, the book is good for those who want to turn their dreams into reality. Overall, a good self-help book that I would recommend to anyone who wants to follow their dream.