Story Behind the Stories- Anatomy of a Divorce

I am back with the eighth instalment of Story behind the stories. This week, I will be discussing why I wrote 'Anatomy of a Divorce'.

Anatomy of a Divorce

I never thought I’d write something like this. I usually write avoiding writing about contentious social issues. However, I decided to challenge myself on this one. As stated in the trailer, Anatomy of a divorce is a satirical observation of marriage. The story is pure fiction. It captures the emotions of individuals, families and society in relation to divorce. In doing so, it makes some sharp observations on the nature of the institution of marriage.

The story could also be classified as a reality vs expectations scenario. Though the eyes of the main character, I have tried to portray the feelings that those getting divorced go through. The little annoying things that your partner does can add up to a lot over time. I hope readers can have fun reading the story.

I enjoyed writing the story. I hope you enjoyed reading it. The book trailer is available on my Youtube channel. You can have a look to decide if the story interests you.

I want to thank all those who took part in my giveaway. My hard copy giveaways have ended. You can still enter for an ebook giveaway on BookLikes.

I will also be posting images of quotes from the book. Keep a look out on my social media for these. Into the Light released yesterday. It is now available on Amazon, iBooks and Lulu. The purchase links can be found at the end of the post.

I hope you enjoyed my post today. You can find more such posts on my blog. I have written a ‘story behind the stories’ post for all my short stories. The last one comes out on 1st November, 2015.

Purchase Links:

Lulu Store (Paperback): http://www.lulu.com/shop/p-wish/into-the-light/paperback/product-22390299.html

iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/into-the-light/id1044039341?ls=1&mt=11

Amazon (USA): http://www.amazon.com/Into-Light-collection-short-stories/dp/151773309X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444562137&sr=8-1&keywords=into+the+light+p+wish